At a time of pizza and Ramen, I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease smack dab in the middle of my college career. Since then, I have embraced the strict gluten free diet required for me to operate as a normal human being. Since my husband and son do not have the same restricted diet, finding gluten free restaurants in Huntsville that we can all enjoy has been my personal mission. I’ve included some options below.
5 of My Favorite Gluten Free Restaurants in Huntsville
- Mason Dixon Bakery & Bistro – Without a doubt, Mason Dixon has to be on any list for gluten free eats. This is North Alabama’s only dedicated gluten free facility meaning nothing on the menu is off limits. The cakes are so good that a friend of mine even had it for her wedding because she preferred it over regular options.
- Sam & Greg’s Pizzeria – Just because you have to skip out on gluten doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a slice of pizza. Using pizza crusts from Mason Dixon, Sam & Greg’s cooks each gluten free pizza on foil and uses a designated pizza cutter. Of course, it’s made in the same kitchen so be aware of that if you’re especially sensitive to gluten.
- Domaine South – Sure the charcuterie boards are to die for at Domaine South (don’t miss these other awesome gluten free charcuterie options in Huntsville) but did you know you can also grab a gluten free sandwich as well? All of the sandwiches can be made on a Mason Dixon Baguette, and they’re delicious.
- Phuket Thai Restaurant & Sushi – Craving Thai food without the consequences? Phuket Thai Restaurant has an entire gluten free menu for you to browse. It’s not only authentic – Chef Tukky was born & raised in Thailand – but incredible. Although the staff take precautions meals are cooked in a shared kitchen, so you’ll want to be aware of possible cross contamination.
- Oh Crêpe – Since they’re made with rice flour, the crepes at Oh Crêpe are naturally gluten free! Be sure to talk with the staff about toppings and cross contamination, but you can enjoy both sweet and savory options without worrying about gluten. These are so good you’ll be second guessing whether or not they’re gluten free.
Other Gluten Free Options in Huntsville & Beyond
Have something else you’re craving? These local eats also have gluten free options. As always, we encourage you to speak with your servers about cross contamination and to call ahead to ensure there’s gluten free options that day before heading out.
- The Boot Pizzeria
- Cotton Row
- Earth & Stone Pizzeria
- Fire & Spice Tex Mex
- Grimaldi’s Pizzeria
- Hildegard’s German Cuisine
- Kamado Ramen
- Pane E Vino – Enjoy gluten free pizza & pasta options.
- Rhythm on Monroe
- Vujee Vegan
Lauren Lee has called Huntsville home the last 5 years, and loves exploring the hidden gems tucked away in the Rocket City. She’s married to her college sweetheart, Josh, and mom to her favorite toddler, Oliver. Lauren is the owner of Mama’s Marketing Co. and enjoys writing, knitting, reading, and hiking in her free time.