Winter Park Brings Ice Skating to The Orion
Huntsville’s newest music venue is now the newest holiday attraction! That’s right… the Orion Amphitheater has turned its bowl into an ice skating rink.
But that’s not all!
Scroll to the very bottom the see dates, hours, pricing, and special events.
In addition to ice skating, you will also find –
- Santa’s Workshop for photo opp with Santa
- Private igloos for a cozy gathering
- DIY s’mores kits around a fire pit
- Seasonal drinks
- and more!
Who knew amphitheater bowls were the perfect spot to skate under the stars? The ice skating rink looks right at home in the music venue that, just a few weeks ago, held a sell-out crowd for Stevie Nicks.
Santa is the latest celebrity to walk the halls. What’s a Winter Park without the head elf?
What’s this about igloos?
Well, each rentable igloo is decorated with a different vibe. Think “rec room” or “patio”. You can enjoy your private igloo, even more, when your charcuterie board is delivered! Reserve an igloo here.
Near the igloos were also two easy-to-find bars, along with 3 food trucks in the usual area. The two lower bars inside the Orion were also open.
Don’t miss this new attraction in town. As Huntsville grows, so do the options for “things to do.” We don’t mind one bit!
Winter Park Dates and Hours
Ice Skating Prices:
- $14.99 for adults
- $12.99 for kids
- $2 off if you bring your own skates
- Dogs are allowed (not on the ice)
- No Zamboni
- Please follow Orion on social to get updates on weather and rink closures
Winter Park hours:
- Monday – Thursday 4 PM – 9 PM
- Friday 4 PM – 11 PM
- Saturday 11 AM – 11 PM
- Sunday 11 A – 9 PM
- Thanksgiving: 4 PM – 9 PM
- Closed December 1
- Christmas Eve: 11 AM – 6 PM
- Closed Christmas
- New Year’s Eve: 11 AM – 9 PM
- New Year’s Day: 11 AM – 9 PM
Santa’s Workshop schedule:
- November 22 – 27
- Tuesday – Friday 5 PM – 8 PM
- Saturday & Sunday 4 PM – 8 PM
- December 2 – 18
- Thursdays & Fridays 5 PM – 8 PM
- Saturdays & Sundays 4 PM – 8 PM
- December 19 – 23
- Monday – Friday 5 PM – 8 PM
Winter Park will feature music throughout the amphitheater and Apollo South, including DJs spinning for ice skaters, and local group performances. With additional events and activities to be announced, there’s winter fun around every corner!
- Tuesday, November 22 – Fantasy Playhouse Children’s Theater and Academy Carolers
- Saturday, November 26 – A Rocket City Bones Christmas
- Saturday, December 3 – Dance Theatre of Huntsville
- Saturday, December 3 – Twickenham Jazz & Swing for the Holidays
- Friday, December 9 – Arts Huntsville Christkindlmarket featuring music by Alli & Christy
- Saturday, December 10 – Arts Huntsville Christkindlmarket featuring music by Winslow Davis, Alex Banks, and Preston Watts
- Sunday, December 11 – Arts Huntsville Christkindlmarket featuring music by Gabe LaRose, Karmessa, and Micah J
- Saturday, December 17 – Last Minute Holiday Market with a Live DJ
Amy Jones has been a marketing professional in Huntsville for 20 years, with experience in all aspects of marketing, pr, media relations, event management, digital content, and design. Amy is the proud and busy momma of two boys, who keep things loud and fun. For fun she skateboards, rides her scooter, and kayaks (though sadly not at the same time!).