The Lake Guntersville Summer Bucket List Challenge is sponsored by Explore Lake Guntersville. Are you ready? Get set, explore!
Lake Guntersville is the outdoor enthusiast’s dream getaway. From fishing, hiking, biking to caves, and much more, there is plenty to do for a single person or an entire family.
Since there is so much to do, we have created the Summer Bucket List Challenge to mark some of our favorite things to do while you #explorelakeguntersville.
And you win a prize or two for completing the challenge, too!
The Bucket List Items
The bucket list has 10 items for you to complete, all located within Marshall County. You can do several in one trip, or do one a day. All are easy for the whole family, too!
Bucket List Items:
- Float in Sand Mountain Park’s Lazy River
- Swim or fish the lake
- Hike at Buck’s Pocket
- Visit Downtown Boaz’s murals
- Shop one of Marshall County’s Farmer’s Markets (Albertville, Arab, Boaz, or Guntersville)
- Tour the Arab Historic Village
- Eat at Top O’ the River
- Zipline at Lake Guntersville State Park
- Tour Cathedral Caverns
- Indulge in wood-fired pizza & wine slushies at Jules J. Berta Winery
First, for completing the challenge, you receive a unique Lake Guntersville bucket hat to help protect your face and hair from the sun. You also receive a Lake Guntersville sticker you can place wherever you want. Have you seen our beautiful and exciting new City Harbor? For completing the challenge, you also get the chance to win a two-night stay in one of their boutique suites that overlook the lake, as well as gift cards to Big Mike’s Steakhouse and The Brewers Cooperative.
The Rules to the Bucket List Challenge
Before you run off to complete them all, we have a few rules to make this fair for everyone! I know what you’re thinking, rules drool. But don’t worry, they are simple and won’t make your adventures too hard.
- You must complete ALL items on the bucket list to get your prizes.
- When you arrive to the place where the item is, you must take a photo (or video) of you completing the item and post it to your social media, tag our social media account and use the hashtag #explorelakeguntersville. Make sure your posts are viewable to the public, or we won’t see them, or you can take a screenshot of the post with the date for it to count. Here are our social media accounts: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Once you have completed all items, send us a message on one of our social media accounts. We will verify the items have been completed. Then you will either pick up your bucket hat and sticker, or we can ship it to you. You will then be entered to win the City Harbor weekend getaway.
- The Lake Guntersville Bucket List Challenge starts June 15, 2022, and ends Labor Day, 2022, which is September 5. We will choose the winner for the City Harbor Weekend Getaway on September 12 at noon, giving you enough time to let us know you completed the challenge.
Get started ASAP
You know all the details now, so what’re you waiting for? Get out there and Explore Lake Guntersville!
We can’t wait to see your adventures!
Guest blogger for We Are Huntsville. Are you interested in writing a post for our site? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.