The Farm Fresh Food Guide 2019 is here!
Click on the buttons below for each guide! We’ve got everything covered.
Did we miss something? Let us know!
A list of local farmers markets where you can shop for locally grown produce.
Get your local produce straight from the farm.
Local community-supported agriculture, food cooperatives, and grocers carrying local produce.
• Tips for buying local produce •
- Bring a reusable bag and/or container when shopping.
- Walk around and check out the various farms produce and prices before you buy at a market.
- Wash all produce before eating.
- Buy what’s in season and store what you can’t eat- freeze, can or dry for later.
- Ask questions. Who knows better how to prepare a food, than the farmer who grew it?
- Bring cash and small bills.
- Be surprised! Shopping with a list is great, but try something new as well.
- Get there early: For berry picking, pick during the early hours of the day. It is cooler for you and the berries meaning less stress on both. For a farmer’s market, get there when it opens for the best selection.
- Respect the farm- The farm is a business and a home.
- Be prepared! If going berry picking, bring water to drink, bug spray, sunscreen, and a hat to protect you from the heat and sun.
Our Valley Events is now We Are Huntsville! If you see this, you know that this blog post was originally written by OVE.