Races are ramping back up as summer break comes to an end. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned runner, races are a fun way to get your miles in. Check out this list of upcoming races through October and be on the lookout for more upcoming races this year!
5K’s and 1 Mile Fun-Runs:
5k’s and 1 mile races are short, sweet, and perfect for beginners or those who like to focus more on speed.
- Running of the Bulls – August 27, 8:00 am
- 9/11 Heroes Run – September 10, 7:00 am
- Church Street Wine Run – September 11, 4:00 pm
- Autumn Chase Fun Run – September 15, 3:00 pm
- Conquer the Cave – September 25, 11:30 am
- Liz Hurley Ribbon Run – October 15, 8:00 am
- Tiny Toes – October 22, 8:00 am
- Spooktacular 5k & Monster Mile – October 29, 8:00 am
10k’s, 15k’s, Half Marathons, and Marathons:
Triathlons and Duathlons
Calli Nelson grew up outside in the small town of Baldwyn, MS and graduated from Mississippi State University in 2019 with a Bachelors in Fine Art – Graphic Design Concentration. Since graduating, she has called Huntsville home. She loves getting to experience Huntsville during such a growing time! Calli is the Director of Marketing at the Huntsville Symphony Orchestra located in the heart of Downtown Huntsville. When she’s not on the clock you can find her running, listening to live music, or enjoying good food and drinks. But her favorite thing to do? Hang out with her cats, Mac and Cheese. Calli loves to spend sunny days outside whether that be on a patio drinking wine or running a few miles around town. You can follow her running adventures on Instagram @calnelruns or spot her at symphony events!